So the end of week 2 was yesterday, and I have a nice list of things I got rid of I think.
A pair of my hubby’s work pants (believe me this is a miracle because he keeps them, hoards them whether they have huge holes, no crutch left etc and it drives me mad because I don’t sew lol)
A whole lot of paper stuff that was not needed inc old paperwork, envelopes, boxes etc Some toys that were either broken or no longer used or grown out of (the broken ones were thrown out, the no longer used ones were donated and the out grown ones are being sold)
A heap of party invite pads that I had just in case but I never used them, so I’ve donated those for other to use
Some cd’s and dvd’s that were scatched or never used or duplicates
A few videos that were never going to be watched
And there was some more things that I can’t think of right now, but still even the above is good I think in getting me towards not having so much “stuff” and clutter 😀
Again from The Organised Housewife
1st step to decluttering is creating goals for yourself. Where to start, what do I want to achieve. Answer these questions for me: (My answers are in red)
- I want to feel “RELAXED AND NOT STRESSED AND ENJOY MY HOME“ while I’m at home.
- I want to spend more time doing “ CRAFTS AND AVON “ .
- I want an area of the home where I can “DO MY AVON AND ALSO HAVE MY CRAFTS ON HAND EASILY AND IN AN ORGANISED AREA“.
- I want to organise “THE BATHROOM“ room first. (that’s done now YAY)
- I always loose “IMPORTANT PAPER WORK I NEED“ .
- I want to be all organised by “ HMM HARD ONE BUT LET’S SAY JANUARY 31ST 2012“ .
- Something that I don’t need anymore , but am having trouble parting with “ANYTHING LOL UMMM PROBABLY ALL THE CLOTHES I USED TO WEAR AND NOW KEEP BECAUSE I WANT TO FIT BACK INTO THEM“ .
So there we go, what I want to achieve hopefully 🙂
I have stumbled across this page The Organised Housewife and thought my house might benefit from this challenge below.
So I did the first one today, and it was lots of things (but each declutter you do only counts as one item).
Today I went in the bathroom and thought hmm this room has stuff in here we don’t use I am sure of it.
So I went through and got rid of these things:
Some bath toys
loads of combs my husband had but never used (because he doesn’t have hair to brush he shaves his head lol)
some old razors he had left in there and razor heads
loads of shower gels, soaps and creams no-one had used or had used half of
some hair rollers that I don’t think were ever used
empty oil containers for the electric shavers
and I am sure there was other stuff but I can’t remember right now.